There are currently two main production processes for precipitated barium sulfate: Glauber's salt method-commonly known as black ash method and sulfuric acid method; the so-called Glauber's salt method is natural barite ore plus coal calcined into barium sulfide, and then reacts with Glauber's salt (sodium sulfate) to form a precipitate Barium sulfate and by-product sodium sulfide; the sulfuric acid method converts barium sulfide through carbon dioxide into barium carbonate, and then reacts with pure sulfuric acid to produce precipitated barium sulfate. It can be seen from the above production process of barium sulfate that the free barium, odor (residual sulfide ions), impurities, black spots and whiteness of barium sulfate precipitated by sulfuric acid method are several steps higher than that of Glauber's salt method, and the cost is also high. A lot of it, so it is currently expensive precipitated barium sulfate on the market. At present, 95% of domestic manufacturers use Glauber's salt method: Nanfeng, Fuhua, Dongfeng, Tianlong, Lianzhuang, etc., personally think that Dongfeng has good quality, followed by Lianzhuang, Fuhua, Nanfeng, etc., mainly used in coatings and Part of powder coatings are used for plastic modification; there are currently three domestic production processes in sulfuric acid: Anyi, Lyco, and Hechuang, which are mainly used in transparent filler masterbatch and high-gloss PP.
The production of barium sulfate to produce a large amount of sodium sulfide? With this problem, we have entered the process of efficiently producing precipitated barium sulfate, because the sulfuric acid produced by chemical reaction will produce some other by-products in the reaction. Pure sodium sulfide is a colorless crystalline powder. It has strong moisture absorption and is easily soluble in water. The aqueous solution is strongly alkaline. It can cause burns when it touches the skin and hair.
Sodium sulfide is commonly known as alkali sulfide. The sodium sulfide aqueous solution will slowly oxidize into sodium thiosulfate, sodium sulfite, sodium sulfate and sodium polysulfide in the air. Since sodium thiosulfate is produced faster, the main product of oxidation is sodium thiosulfate. Sodium sulfide deliquescence in the air, and carbonation and deterioration, continuously releasing hydrogen sulfide gas. Industrial sodium sulfide contains impurities and its color is pink, brown-red, and ocher. Its color is unique to its formation in production, and it is not something we can control by humans. We should use its large chemical properties to provide us with The service in printing and dyeing, beneficiation and leather application can explain this problem.
Usage 1. Paint grade (TL): Special precipitated barium sulfate for paint is used for white body pigments and various water-based, oil-based, resin industrial paints, primers, protective paints, etc.
Usage 2. Paper-making grade (ZZ): Barium sulfate is used as a filler for various types of paper and cardboard, and a wood asphalt control agent.
Usage 3. Plastic grade (SL): used as filler for polypropylene, nylon, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, polystyrene, polyester and other plastics.
Usage 4. Rubber grade (AJ): High-gloss barium sulfate is used for rubber fillers and anti-sticking agents for rubber products.
Usage 5. Cable grade (DL): used for cable rubber extender and cable separator.
Usage 6. Ceramic grade (TC): used to manufacture electric porcelain, radio porcelain, various industrial ceramics, architectural ceramics, daily-use ceramics and enamels.
Usage 7. Waterproof material grade (FS): used for waterproofing membrane, waterproof coating, waterproof ointment, etc.
Usage 8. Superfine barium sulfate: used in paint coatings, plastics, cable rubber, cosmetics, copper paper coatings, textile lubricants, etc.
- Advantages and disadvantages of nano barium sulfate master batch
- Main production process of nano-barium sulfate masterbatch
- Nano Barium Sulfate Functional Masterbatch
- Dedicated Barium Sulfate for Coatings
- Barium sulfate transparent filling master batch and preparation method and process thereof
- How to solve the blisters of transparent barium sulfate masterbatch?
- Nano Barium Sulfate Product Features
- 8 advantages of modified precipitated barium sulfate application in the plastic industry
- The application of barium sulfate in ten industries
- Focus on the innovation of barium sulfate product quality and production process
- The performance and application of barium sulfate
- Performance characteristics and uses of ultrafine barium sulfate
- How to deal with blisters in transparent barium sulfate masterbatch
- Products made of precipitated barium sulfate have high whiteness, hiding power and high gloss. Not only improves the visual goodwill of the product
- Knowledge of transparent masterbatch