Many people will misunderstand that transparent filler masterbatch is a material that increases transparency or a filler that does not affect transparency. In fact, this is not the case. No matter what filler material, it will affect transparency.
The transparent filler masterbatch is composed of mineral powder and resin, but due to the refractive index of the mineral powder, the transparent masterbatch cannot increase the light transmittance of the plastic, but reduces the impact on the light transmittance of the plastic as much as possible.
Transmittance represents the ability of light to pass through a medium, and is the percentage of the luminous flux through a transparent or translucent body to its incident luminous flux. When the false beam of parallel monochromatic light passes through a uniform and non-scattering medium, part of the light is absorbed, part of the light passes through the medium, and part of the light is reflected by the surface of the medium. Light transmittance can indicate the efficiency of light transmission of display devices, etc., and it directly affects the visual effect of the touch screen.
When the intensity of light emitted by a person is 10-timing, the greater the intensity of light absorbed by the medium Ia, the smaller the intensity of transmitted light It. I/I0 is used to express the ability of light to pass through the medium, which is called light transmittance, which is expressed by T, that is, T=It/I0. What are the physical or chemical factors for the difference in plastic light transmittance? Amorphous structure polymer, As long as there are no pigments or fillers, they are transparent. Because the macromolecules of amorphous polymers do not have remote order, there is no change in refractive index inside the material. If there are no fillers and pigments, there is generally no diffuse reflection in the light wave range. So they are transparent. For example, pmma, pc, ps, pvc, and abs are all amorphous structures. However, abs is opaque because it contains butadiene particles.
The value of light transmittance is a percentage, and the value range is 0-100. If the light is completely absorbed by the medium, It=0 and T=0. If the light is completely transparent, then It=I0, T=100. The reciprocal of light transmittance reflects the degree of light absorption by the medium. In order to facilitate the calculation, take the logarithm of the reciprocal of the transmittance as the absorbance, which is represented by A, that is, A=Ig(1/T)=lg(I0/It).
In layman's terms, the light transmittance of the raw materials in the transparent masterbatch is closer to that of the plastic, the smaller the impact on the transparency.
Although the transparent masterbatch is a filler with good transparency in the filler, it must be used carefully.Because the material of the transparent masterbatch is sodium sulfate, commonly known as anhydrous sodium sulfate, this material determines the salty taste of the transparent masterbatch, and There is no way to change. Salty things have a certain degree of corrosiveness. If they are left in equipment that is not turned on for a long time, the equipment will be at risk of corrosion. Therefore, care should be taken to avoid stagnant transparent masterbatch in the equipment during use.
Secondly, the molecules of the transparent masterbatch are active, adding more than 10% will precipitate on the surface of the plastic product, and it will not be wiped off. Therefore, the addition ratio is also an important point for using transparent masterbatch. The 10% ratio is only for single-layer products, and the three-layer co-extrusion equipment can be determined according to the situation.
- Advantages and disadvantages of nano barium sulfate master batch
- Main production process of nano-barium sulfate masterbatch
- Nano Barium Sulfate Functional Masterbatch
- Dedicated Barium Sulfate for Coatings
- Barium sulfate transparent filling master batch and preparation method and process thereof
- How to solve the blisters of transparent barium sulfate masterbatch?
- Nano Barium Sulfate Product Features
- 8 advantages of modified precipitated barium sulfate application in the plastic industry
- The application of barium sulfate in ten industries
- Focus on the innovation of barium sulfate product quality and production process
- How is the application of precipitated barium sulfate in flame retardant materials
- Superior performance of transparent filling masterbatch
- Experience in improving the gloss of barium sulfate application
- The development process of plastic filler masterbatch technology modification
- How much do you know about barium sulfate?
- What is natural barium sulfate and precipitated barium sulfate
- What is the relationship between high-purity nano barium sulfate and resin materials?
- Barium sulfate board manufacturers talk about common surface modification methods of barium sulfate sand
- The content of precipitated barium sulfate directly affects the key to product quality
- 4 common knowledge sharing of transparent masterbatch