The effect and influencing factors of surface modification of synthetic nano-barium sulfate
In the process of preparing nano-barium sulfate by wet process, the surface of barium sulfate contains a lot of water. During the drying process, the non-bridging hydroxyl (-OH) between nano-barium sulfate particles is transformed into ether bond (-O-), and sulfuric acid The disadvantages of high surface energy and high mechanical instability of barium lead to hard agglomeration and serious agglomeration of nano-barium sulfate, which loses the advantage of nano-level.
Nano barium sulfate modifier
Therefore, the key lies in the selection of a suitable powder modifier during the wet process. After the surface modifier is applied to the nano-barium sulfate, it is physically or chemically adsorbed on the surface of the nano-barium sulfate to make the modified nano-barium sulfate hydrophobic At the same time, it is well compatible with the organic matrix, taking advantage of the small particle size and large specific surface area of nano barium sulfate. So what factors are related to the modification of the surface of nano-barium sulfate by the powder modifier?
1. The relationship between the particle size of nano barium sulfate and the modification effect
The smaller the particle size of barium sulfate, the better the performance (optical performance, good adsorption, strong aging resistance, good stability), and the higher the thermodynamic performance of the powder, the greater the degree of agglomeration, the more difficult it is to disperse, so it needs to pass Powder surface modifier, improve the activation degree of barium sulfate particles, the better the dispersion effect, of course, not the more the addition, the better, choose the appropriate addition, the higher the activation degree of the barium sulfate powder, the better the effect , The greater the role played by downstream products.
2. The relationship between the temperature resistance of the powder modifier and the surface modification of nano-barium sulfate
Barium sulfate modifier
The surface of barium sulfate particles is modified by the powder modifier to achieve high dispersibility and high activation. However, depending on the application field of barium sulfate, the temperature resistance of the powder modifier needs to be considered, such as In the field of automotive paint, the temperature resistance is required to reach about 350 degrees. If the temperature resistance of the coating layer on the barium sulfate surface cannot reach the temperature, yellowing will occur, which will seriously affect the gloss of the paint film.
In addition, the influencing factors of barium sulfate surface modification are also related to the operation process (wet method and dry method), the time of high-speed stirring and dispersion, the pH value of the solution, etc., no matter which method, the final goal is to use the powder surface Modifier, complete surface coating modification of nano barium sulfate, achieve uniform dispersion and high activation effect, exert the performance of downstream products, and reduce enterprise production costs.
- Advantages and disadvantages of nano barium sulfate master batch
- Main production process of nano-barium sulfate masterbatch
- Nano Barium Sulfate Functional Masterbatch
- Dedicated Barium Sulfate for Coatings
- Barium sulfate transparent filling master batch and preparation method and process thereof
- How to solve the blisters of transparent barium sulfate masterbatch?
- Nano Barium Sulfate Product Features
- 8 advantages of modified precipitated barium sulfate application in the plastic industry
- The application of barium sulfate in ten industries
- Focus on the innovation of barium sulfate product quality and production process
- How does barium sulfate manufacturer judge whether it is formal
- The special filler masterbatch for mask nose strip has good compatibility and prevents rebound
- Recommended by barium sulfate sand manufacturers
- There are currently two main production processes for precipitated barium sulfate: Glauber's salt method-commonly known as black ash method and sulfuric acid method.
- You may not know the application of barium sulfate in paint
- It is said that the use of barium sulfate needs to be answered correctly by the barium sulfate manufacturer
- Application of ultrafine barium sulfate in coating industry
- The requirements that the filler masterbatch should meet in the production process
- Reasonable use of precipitated barium sulfate to improve product quality
- Plastic filler masterbatch can provide effective help for which plastic production