High-gloss barium sulfate is a white powder with a relative density of 4.0-4.6. It is insoluble in water, acids, alkalis and other solvents, but soluble in strong acids and concentrated sulfuric acid. Heat-resistant, acid-resistant, alkali-resistant, non-toxic, tasteless, and can be used for products that come in contact with food.
The main features of high gloss barium sulfate are good dispersion, high whiteness and good leveling. It has excellent light resistance, weather resistance and acid resistance. With good chemical inertness and moderate surface energy, it has good dispersibility and affinity with other media as a functional filler. And it has better compatibility with all pigments. It can replace some of the more expensive raw materials such as precipitated barium sulfate, titanium dioxide, active silica, and reduce costs. It is an environmentally friendly material that can absorb harmful rays, and it works well in powder coatings.
Barium sulfate used in coatings and paints generally has a fineness of 325 mesh, 800 mesh, and 1250 mesh. Especially the paint requirements are relatively fine, most of which use 1250 purpose. Under normal circumstances, barium sulfate is crushed to a particle size of 1-8μm, which can replace part of the titanium dioxide when applied to latex coatings, while the whiteness and hiding power are not reduced. This is because although the pulverized barium sulfate is very fine, it is still medium-sized particles composed of agglomerated agglomerates. The crystal size of barium sulfate is between 0.2 and 0.8 μm when it is formed. The gap between the aggregate particles is too small, so that the dispersed resin cannot enter the agglomerates. As a result, when the film is dried, these tiny air gaps are maintained and exist in the form of air, thereby increasing the gap between the components. The refractive difference. In some paints, for example, what we need in electrostatic spraying is gloss. As long as the gloss is good, the effect of the paint will be obvious. Therefore, the requirement for barium sulfate is to improve the gloss of the coating.
How to improve the luster of the paint, in terms of high-gloss barium sulfate, from three aspects:
One is the content of barium. The higher the content, the greater the impact on gloss. Only barium sulfate with high barium content has high luster.
2: Fineness. Fineness is an external factor. The higher the fineness, the better the leveling of the paint. Because it is thin, it reflects more light. The gloss is naturally high.
Three: whiteness, paints are generally white products. Therefore, our paint manufacturers pay special attention to the requirements of whiteness. So what we require is the whiter barium sulfate, high-gloss barium sulfate, good whiteness, the products made are exceptionally white, high brightness, and good gloss. This is the product suitable for us.
- Advantages and disadvantages of nano barium sulfate master batch
- Main production process of nano-barium sulfate masterbatch
- Nano Barium Sulfate Functional Masterbatch
- Dedicated Barium Sulfate for Coatings
- Barium sulfate transparent filling master batch and preparation method and process thereof
- How to solve the blisters of transparent barium sulfate masterbatch?
- Nano Barium Sulfate Product Features
- 8 advantages of modified precipitated barium sulfate application in the plastic industry
- The application of barium sulfate in ten industries
- Focus on the innovation of barium sulfate product quality and production process
- The effect and influencing factors of surface modification of synthetic nano-barium sulfate
- How does barium sulfate manufacturer judge whether it is formal
- The special filler masterbatch for mask nose strip has good compatibility and prevents rebound
- Recommended by barium sulfate sand manufacturers
- There are currently two main production processes for precipitated barium sulfate: Glauber's salt method-commonly known as black ash method and sulfuric acid method.
- You may not know the application of barium sulfate in paint
- It is said that the use of barium sulfate needs to be answered correctly by the barium sulfate manufacturer
- Application of ultrafine barium sulfate in coating industry
- The requirements that the filler masterbatch should meet in the production process
- Reasonable use of precipitated barium sulfate to improve product quality