8 advantages of modified precipitated barium sulfate application in the plastic industry
Used as a plastic filler, it has toughening and reinforcing effects, increases the flexural strength and flexural modulus of elasticity of plastics, heat distortion temperature and standard coordination, and also imparts plastic hysteresis. Nano calcium carbonate used in ink products shows excellent dispersibility and transparency and excellent gloss, as well as excellent ink absorption and dryness. Nano calcium carbonate is used as ink filler in resin ink, which has the characteristics of good coordination, high gloss, and does not affect the drying performance of printing ink. It has strong adaptability and other characteristics.
Generally, fillers are cheaper than resins, so adding fillers can greatly reduce the cost of plastics, which has significant economic benefits. This is also the main reason for the widespread use of plastic filling and modification.
2Improve the heat resistance of plastics
Generally, the heat resistance of plastics is low. For example, ABS, its long-term use temperature is only about 60 ° C, and most of the fillers are attributed to inorganic substances, which have high heat resistance. Therefore, these fillers can significantly advance the plastic after being added to plastic Of heat resistance. Another example is PP. When it is not filled, its thermal deformation temperature is about 110 ° C, and after it is filled with 30% talc, its thermal deformation temperature can advance to more than 130 ° C.
3Improve the rigidity of plastic
Generally, the rigidity of plastic is poor. For example, the bending modulus of pure PP is about 1000MPa, which is far from satisfying the application requirements of some components. After adding 30% talc, the bending modulus can reach more than 2000MPa. Stiffening effect.
4Improve the molding processability of plastics
Some fillers can improve the processability of plastics, such as barium sulfate, glass beads, etc., can advance the fluidity of the resin, and then can improve its processability.
5 forward plastic products standard stability
Some plastics have a large crystal shortening, which results in a large shortening rate of the product, which is more likely to deform after coming out of the mold, and the standard is unstable; and the addition of fillers can greatly reduce the shortening rate of the plastic and further advance the standard stability of plastic products and components.
6Improve the hardness of plastic surface
Generally, plastics have low hardness, and the surface is easily scratched, which affects the appearance, and then affects its surface effect and decorativeness. The hardness of the inorganic filler is higher than that of the plastic. After adding the inorganic filler, the hardness of the surface of the plastic can be greatly improved.
7Improve plastic strength
The tensile strength of general-purpose plastics is not high. After adding inorganic fillers, the tensile strength and flexural strength of plastics can be improved within the appropriate range of the filling amount, and then the engineering applicability of plastics is advanced.
- Advantages and disadvantages of nano barium sulfate master batch
- Main production process of nano-barium sulfate masterbatch
- Nano Barium Sulfate Functional Masterbatch
- Dedicated Barium Sulfate for Coatings
- Barium sulfate transparent filling master batch and preparation method and process thereof
- How to solve the blisters of transparent barium sulfate masterbatch?
- Nano Barium Sulfate Product Features
- The application of barium sulfate in ten industries
- Focus on the innovation of barium sulfate product quality and production process
- Can the particle size of barium sulfate affect its use in the pharmaceutical industry?
- What should I do if the filler is blocked during the film blowing process?
- Transparent filling masterbatch can effectively reduce production costs
- How is precipitated barium sulfate used in PVC pipes?