1. What is nano-barium sulfate transparent masterbatch?
Nano-barium sulfate transparent masterbatch is an environmentally-friendly and economical masterbatch. It is prepared by using polyethylene as a carrier resin, adding nano-level barium sulfate powder and additives, through high-temperature mixing, plasticizing, granulating, and cooling.
Adding the masterbatch during the process of blown film such as HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE: ◆Adding within 20% will not affect the transparency of the film; ◆It can reduce the production cost of the film; ◆Improve the mechanical strength and rigidity of the film.
2. Market analysis of nano-barium sulfate transparent masterbatch
Since 2015, the price of resin has been falling all the way, and there has been a downward trend, which has led to the bleak market of barium sulfate masterbatch. Therefore, the quality requirements for barium sulfate masterbatch have been further improved. Past experience has been unable to meet the realistic requirements. Barium sulfate masterbatch is highly profitable, and I want to make it, but due to insufficient knowledge of barium sulfate powder, most manufacturers do not do it satisfactorily.
The development trend of nano barium sulfate masterbatch is that downstream customers require more and more transparency, which requires that the particle size and purity of nano barium sulfate powder are getting smaller and smaller, but there are only two or three companies that have good quality at present; in order to achieve Nano barium sulfate powder does not reunite, and various manufacturers have racked their brains to develop their own unique surface treatment technology.
At present, there are various equipment combinations for making barium sulfate. No matter what machine combination is used, it is difficult to add more than 30% of the filler masterbatch. Some add more than 20%, and there will be blisters, which can exceed 40% Even 50%, most of them are exaggerated.
3. Analysis of technical pain points of nano-barium sulfate transparent masterbatch
(1) The quality of raw barite ore is unstable
It is difficult to have pure barium sulfate ore, and the raw materials are difficult to control. Most powder manufacturers use ground barium carbonate powder and sulfuric acid to prepare barium sulfate powder; such barium powder has disadvantages such as insufficient particle size, agglomeration, and excessive water content. These are precisely the fatal and difficult problems for downstream masterbatch manufacturers.
(2) Barium sulfate powder has high moisture content and poor dispersion
Barium sulfate powder is hexagonal crystal type. The water in the middle is extremely difficult to deal with. The adsorption force generated by the water makes the powder agglomerate, which is difficult to break up. Barium sulfate powder manufacturers use additives to coat the powder at the same time. Part of the water is covered inside;
If the shear force of the high-speed mixer is not enough, it will be difficult to break up agglomerates, let alone treat water. This is also the reason why many manufacturers use high-speed mixers to negate high-speed mixers. Professionally designed and scientific blades, baffles, motors, etc. are required to accelerate the impact speed of the powder in the mixer, increase the number of impacts, and increase the impact strength, etc., effectively break up agglomerates, treat water, and surface modification treatment . This is the key to the quality of barium sulfate masterbatch.
Nano-scale barium sulfate powder does not exist in the original ecological form, most of which exist in the form of grape bunches. If nano-scale polymer surface treatment agent is not used, it is difficult to achieve a perfect dispersion effect. Secondly, when the shear force of a high-speed mixer increases After meeting the requirements of powder treatment and modification, it will inevitably lead to problems such as rapid temperature rise and high temperature. This needs to test the temperature resistance of the surface treatment dispersant, if the temperature is not enough, it will inevitably produce yellowing, which will affect the product quality.
(3) Misunderstandings in the selection of masterbatch equipment
Barium sulfate powder is highly viscous and the twin-screw machine has dead corners, which is not conducive to product stability. It is necessary to use a compact kneader to better plasticize. Theoretically, the dense kneading machine is more conducive to plasticization. In fact, the barium sulfate masterbatch manufacturers that do a good job use the dense kneading machine. Many manufacturers use barium sulfate powder with several thousand meshes. Some say that it can be done with a screw machine, and some say that it can be done without a high agitator. I think they are all right. The key depends on their quality positioning.
Fourth, the development direction of high-quality nano-barium sulfate transparent masterbatch
If you want to make a unique and competitive nano-barium sulfate transparent masterbatch product, or if you want the product quality to have an overwhelming advantage, the following three conditions are indispensable:
1. Nano-scale barium sulfate powder (12000 mesh) with a purity of over 98%.
2. Equipment combination: professionally designed high-speed mixer for inorganic powder + compact kneader+ single screw granulation.
3. Auxiliary requirements: hyperdispersant-nano-level high-efficiency surface treatment agent (specially developed for nano-level barium sulfate surface modification). The addition amount is small, and the high filling is not easy to precipitate.
4. Process: The necessary hardware is the foundation, but the key to success lies in the process.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Production process of ultra-fine high-purity high-whiteness barium sulfate
- Professional custom transparent film masterbatch with good performance!
- Reasons for the increase in the growth rate of the barium sulfate industry
- What types of barium sulfate are commonly used in the industrial industry?
- What is the difference between natural barium sulfate and precipitated barium sulfate?
- Experience in improving the gloss of barium sulfate applications
- What kind of precipitated barium sulfate meets the standard
- Related advantages of barium sulfate in the field of plastic filling for the plastic film industry
- Barium sulfate can be used as a filling material in plastic soles
- Storage method of barium sulfate
- What problems should be understood when buying high-gloss barium sulfate
- How can the quality of precipitated barium sulfate be understood
- The production process of precipitated barium sulfate and eight major methods of use
- The content of precipitated barium sulfate directly affects the key to product quality
- What kind of precipitated barium sulfate meets the standard
- The transparency and anti-aging properties of the filler masterbatch are introduced in detail
- Analysis of the conversion between the mesh number and particle size of precipitated barium sulfate
- Analysis of the reasons why the price of precipitated barium sulfate has been relatively stable
- Buy barium sulfate|How to distinguish the purity of the product when precipitating barium sulfate
- What are the stability of precipitated barium sulfate?