Precipitated barium sulfate will be added during the production of bright exterior wall paint. When the product on the left is painted, there are always obvious small particles. Changing to other brands of barium sulfate will extend the dispersion time and the effect of the dispersant will not change. Well, there are many users who have encountered the above situation during the process of painting. Then let's take a look at the dispersibility of precipitated barium sulfate.
1. Precipitated barium sulfate has a certain agglomeration force. The higher the fineness, the better the agglomeration. After ordinary paint is ground, barium sulfate should be well dispersed. The 1250 mesh barium sulfate should be fine.
2. The model and specifications of precipitated barium sulfate are different. For the same product, 2000 mesh precipitated barium sulfate and 3000 mesh precipitated barium sulfate in the same formula, the effect of 3000 is better than that of 2000 mesh (the particles that can be seen are smaller).
3. See if it is soft particles or crystalline hard particles. Soft particles are generally not wet and dispersed, and hard particles should be too many impurities.
4. Disperse for a while after thickening, low speed, try to adjust the pH when the pH is raised, and the precipitated barium sulfate must be sanded before there are no small particles.
5. It depends on what kind of dispersant dispersant. First of all, it is not a manufacturer of barium sulfate. The same problem occurs. As for the powder, there are impurities and so many, but the 2000 mesh 3000 mesh has reached the nanometer fineness. If the wetting is not good, flocculation will occur, and the flocculation will not be dispersed after the mass. This will happen. The general dispersant cannot disperse too fine particles. Natural is better than precipitation. Natural sanding is not required.
In short, the quality of precipitated barium is also varied, and the source, process, and treatment can affect the quality. Is the amount of dispersion wetting agent small? If there are particles in another manufacturer, it is not a problem of barium sulfate, maybe there is a problem with other raw materials.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Production process of ultra-fine high-purity high-whiteness barium sulfate
- Professional custom transparent film masterbatch with good performance!
- Reasons for the increase in the growth rate of the barium sulfate industry
- What types of barium sulfate are commonly used in the industrial industry?
- What is the difference between natural barium sulfate and precipitated barium sulfate?
- Experience in improving the gloss of barium sulfate applications
- What kind of precipitated barium sulfate meets the standard
- Related advantages of barium sulfate in the field of plastic filling for the plastic film industry
- Barium sulfate can be used as a filling material in plastic soles
- Storage method of barium sulfate
- Can the particle size of barium sulfate affect its use in the pharmaceutical industry?