What types of barium sulfate are commonly used in the industrial industry?
1. Heavy barium, also called barite powder or natural barium powder. It is made by people choosing natural barium sulfate ore (barite) after washing, grinding, and drying. The impurities are many, and the quality is mainly determined by the ore itself. However, it is inexpensive and is usually used in white pigments or grades. Filler for low coatings, plastics and inks.
2. Deposited barium sulfate, also known as industrial barium sulfate or barium. Deposited barium sulfate manufacturers are made by man-made processing. Unlike heavy barium, precipitated barium contains almost no impurities. It is slightly soluble in water and insoluble in acids. It is not toxic by itself, but can cause poisoning if it contains soluble barium. Industrial deposition of barium sulfate is mainly generated by the reaction of barium sulfate and sulfuric acid, the reaction of barium chloride and sulfuric acid or sodium sulfate, and the reaction of barium sulfide and sodium sulfate. Deposited barium sulfate is used as filler in pharmaceuticals, medium and high coating inks, plastics, rubber, glass, ceramics and other fields due to its stability and specific indicators. People usually divide it into coating-grade deposited barium sulfate according to different uses. , Plastic grade deposition of barium sulfate, etc., its price is relatively high relative to heavy barium.
3. Modified barium sulfate, which is also divided into modified barium sulfate and modified deposited barium sulfate, is the performance of barite powder or deposited barium sulfate through a related treatment to enhance its performance in a certain area. The use is similar to that of deposition. It still depends on its related properties. High-gloss barium sulfate, which is refined by further processing, is also called modified ultrafine barium sulfate or modified ultrafine deposited barium sulfate. The price is higher than deposited barium sulfate.
4.Nano-level deposition of barium sulfate is the modified deposition of barium sulfate through deep processing, so that its D50 (median particle size dispersion) is controlled between 0.2μm-0.4μm. Due to the high requirements of its processing, China can currently produce There are still few nanometer-deposited barium sulfate manufacturers, and their prices are relatively high. Nanometer-deposited barium sulfate is mainly used in the paint and coating industries.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Production process of ultra-fine high-purity high-whiteness barium sulfate
- Professional custom transparent film masterbatch with good performance!
- Reasons for the increase in the growth rate of the barium sulfate industry
- What is the difference between natural barium sulfate and precipitated barium sulfate?
- Experience in improving the gloss of barium sulfate applications
- What kind of precipitated barium sulfate meets the standard
- Related advantages of barium sulfate in the field of plastic filling for the plastic film industry
- Barium sulfate can be used as a filling material in plastic soles
- Storage method of barium sulfate
- What is the dispersion of precipitated barium sulfate
- Can the particle size of barium sulfate affect its use in the pharmaceutical industry?
- The manufacturer of precipitated barium sulfate tells you to use it to improve the quality of its products
- Usage breakdown of filler masterbatch